THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Friday, July 9, 2010

T-shirt #190: Fletch

Outside of the Star Wars (original) movies, I have seen Fletch more than any other movie. Fletch was always green lighted during my high school years (with family and friends), and helped me laugh my way through chemotherapy.

I made this shirt specifically for today because I am seeing a friend that I haven’t seen in about 16 years. Gary, from Scotland, is a counselor I met at a summer camp in Maine and we quoted Fletch just about every day that summer. When he called me last night, I answered the phone “Dr. Rosen Rosen?” to which Gary asked me “Where’s the records room?” If you don’t get these references, I’m guessing you’ve never seen it. For that, I am sorry.

But, Gary was more than a Fletch quoter to me. He took care of me when my drinking was at its worst. He never judged, he just made sure I got back ok. We also would quote the Mike Meyers “All Things Scottish” skit from SNL “If it’s not Scottish, it’s CRAP!” and “You’re my brother, I luv ya!!!”. Gary treated me like a brother that summer, and for that I will always be thankful…can’t wait to see him today (and quote more Fletch!)…

Oh, one more funny Gary story. So he was a Tai-Chi master and one day I jokingly gave him a Karate chop to see how he would block it. He instinctively put his arm up with concentrated energy and turned my arm/wrist into a pile of useless flesh. Seriously, it felt like my hand was going to fall off. Master Gary then did his own version of the Mr. Miyagi healing on me, and it felt better in a matter of seconds!

Off to use the Underhills’ credit card…

Favorite scene:

1 comment:

  1. So you'll be having the steak sandwich without the Bloody Mary tonight? Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete