THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

T-shirt #118: Simpsons (Ralph eating paste)

This shirt was a favorite of my special education students. Even though he is a secondary Simpsons character, Ralph Wiggum has said some of my favorite lines from the show. My all-time favorite has to be his “Me fail English? That’s unpossible.” See here:

Speaking of the Simpsons, I have been in Portland, Oregon this week. Matt Groening grew up here, and there are references all over the place:

• The Simpsons live on Evergreen Terrace, the same street on which Groening grew up (I will be going here with my friend Glen sometime this week!)

• Sideshow Bob Terwilliger shares a name with Terwilliger Boulevard in SW Portland (Groening denies this)

• The former Trojan Nuclear Plant, north of Portland, supposedly inspired Homer's job

• Ned Flanders was named after Flanders Street, Mayor Quimby was named after Quimby street

• Bart & Lisa's elementary school resembles Groening's childhood school, Ainsworth elementary

• Reverend Lovejoy was named after Lovejoy Street

So, I am surrounded by The Simpsons and tonight I will be rooting for The Canadiens…wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment