THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Sunday, January 31, 2010

T-shirt #31: I FEEL A SIN COMING ALONG.

I like to wear this shirt on Sundays. For several reasons including time constraints, I will not attempt to write about all the sins I’ve committed. I was raised Catholic, and went to church just about every week growing up. I was an altar boy for ten of those years, and then I went to college. My freshman year, the church was in the basement of my dorm. I went once, and that was because one of my best friends was getting confirmed…and I was his sponsor. I do still go to church…two times a year. And, I go more for my mother than for God.

Now, I don’t believe in organized religion. I believe religion is the cause of most of the world’s problems. I always shake my head whenever I hear or read about some book causing a stir or protests (like Harry Potter) because the Bible (and other “holy books”) has caused more problems than every other book combined. People’s interpretation of the Bible has given rise to groups like www.godhatesfags.com, which I think is the worst example of how religion divides. I’m no religious scholar, but I don’t think God hates anything…

I believe in God, but I believe that God cares more about humans treating each other well than what they pick as a religion or what they think is or isn’t a sin. If we all treated each other well, would anyone care what religious beliefs the other had?

Also, I think God thinks this shirt is funny. Excuse me now, I have to go sin...

No comments:

Post a Comment