THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Friday, September 24, 2010

T-shirt #267: SUPERMAN



This shirt finishes up “Superhero Week” was donated to me from my awesome sister Carolyn and also Hot Topic (I gave the other one to my “Little Brother” today)…thank you!

Like most of the superheroes, my first memory of Superman comes from the Saturday morning Superfriends cartoon. I also watched the Superman movies many times, especially Superman II (which, like Empire Strikes Back, remains one of the few sequels that is better than the original)… “Kneel before Zod!” Like with other comics, I read the Superman Doomsday after my older brother had finished it (which was also made into a great animated movie in 2007) – I don’t want to give away the plotline, but you might guess it from the picture. The other picture is from a Halloween party from back in my Waltham days. I must say I think Patrick pulls off Superman better than me (He must have, because that was the night he and his future wife started falling for each other). We tried to convince Amy to be Catwoman so we could have all three roommates dressed as comic book characters, but it was not be…

One of the reasons I enjoy Kevin Smith movies and Family Guy so much is all of the references to movies and characters I know from my youth (including Superman)…here are a couple of my favorites. For some reason my favorite one wouldn't embed, but you can see it at the bottom of this page: http://www.adultswim.com/americaloveslists/as_superman/page2.html Enjoy, and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment