THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Thursday, May 20, 2010

T-shirt #140: I DO IT WITH MY SOX ON

Baseball and sex, together at last (at least I’m pretty sure that’s what the “it” is referring to). I got this shirt from Chowdaheadz (http://www.chowdaheadz.com/idoitwimysox1.html) a few years ago, and usually wear it when I go to Fenway. I wear it today as an appropriate introduction to another blog. Not a t-shirt blog, not a Red Sox blog, but a sex blog…

Sex: It is the reason just about everyone of us is here. I was raised Catholic, which teaches that sex isn’t supposed to be in the picture until after you are married. And before you get married, you are counseled by a priest who isn’t supposed to have sex EVER (makes TONS of sense). Most of the sex dialogue I experienced growing up came from songs I listened to. Whether it was Cinderella telling me they needed a little “Push Push” or Motley Crue making me and my friends ask the French teacher what ménage a trois meant (she gave us the literal meaning), I came to the conclusion that most people weren’t waiting until they got married. Rated R and adult movies later confirmed this conclusion.

With my friends, sex was (and for the most part still is) nothing more than something to joke about. It could be laughing about who you wished you could have sex with, jokingly trying to pry information out of someone, or some sort of “that’s why you’re gay” statement (even though to my knowledge, all of my friends and I accept someone regardless of orientation).

Now that we are in our 30s, my friends and I do talk more about relationships than sex. I do have one close female friend that I can talk to seriously about sex, but the joking continues. Now, it’s usually some sort of line with the word “tea bag” in it, some sort of statement about Derek Jeter and A-rod’s relationship, or asking my friend Carl what he did to the video game referee before the virtual puck dropped.

What I do know is that most of us have questions about sex, especially when we are in a relationship that involves it. So, if you have no one you feel comfortable turning to in these situations, I have just the blog for you. You can find it at www.sexwithjess.blogspot.com, and email your questions to sexwithjess@gmail.com. Check it out…it’s sure to be funny, informative, and entertaining!

Everybody was born in it

Sure as hell gonna die in it

Some people don't give a shit

Whether or not they're full of it

It's on my mind most of the time

That's when you find we all go blind

Then it will start to get in our hearts

It's gone too far, that's who we are

It's a monster

We all have within us

It's a monster

It's a monster

Turns us into sinners

It's a monster

It started when I played with it

It turned into a habit

And after that once you've been bit

You can't seem to get rid of it

It's on my mind most of the time

That's when you find we all go blind

Then it will start to get in our hearts

It's gone too far, that's who we are

It's a monster

We all have within us

It's a monster

It's a monster

Turns us into sinners

It's a monster

No comments:

Post a Comment