I got this shirt a few years ago during my annual visit to The Island at the Visitor Information Center (http://www.gov.pe.ca/infopei/index.php3?number=11126&lang=E&lat=46.4936&long=-63.38073#map) located near the corner of routes 6 and 13 in Cavendish, Prince Edward Island. I thought it would be a good shirt for Mother’s Day because PEI always reminds me of my mother and my grandmother (a.k.a. “Gram”).
Although my words will never be able to describe how lucky I am to have my mother in my life, I will try to give some highlights to how loving, supporting, and amazing she is:
- Medical issues – over the years, my mother has had to deal with her children having: two front teeth fall out from a bike accident, falling about 50 feet out of a tree, being maimed by a German Shepard, a broken leg in a backyard downhill wagon accident, a broken leg discovered after a babysitter “slipped walking down the stairs” carrying my sister, Diabetes, Asthma (with related ER visits), Crohn’s Disease, a cancerous brain tumor, hospitalizations from drinking, kidney stones, a ten pound surgically removed cyst, and getting hit by a Ford Bronco. There are others, I’m sure, but these are the “highlights”.
- Sports and other extracurricular activities – she chauffeured and attended countless baseball, basketball, and soccer games, plays and performances, and continues to do so for her grandchildren
- Homework (other than math) – she assisted with 5 kids X 12 years of school worth of reports, projects, papers, and assignments
- Food – although the superiority of certain dishes might have to be contested with Gram in a big cook/bake-off in Heaven, she provided and still provides the best meals and desserts I have ever had
- Life lessons – through the good times and the tough times, my mom taught us the most important things in life including the importance of family, the value having a sense of humor, how to treat people fairly, and how to care
There is really no way to thank my mom enough for all she has done, but I hope this helps…thanks for everything Mom, I love you!