THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Saturday, October 30, 2010

T-shirt #303: FREE HUGS








I thought when this shirt was given to me (thanks, Jess!) that a good place to wear it would be somewhere with a lot of people. Today, Washington, DC is that somewhere. It’s The Daily Show’s Rally to Restore Sanity, and there should be hundreds of thousands of potential huggers there. I have been looking forward to today since Jon announced it on the show, and will report more later…

Off to THE RALLY!!!

Wow. For a Rally to Restore Sanity, that was pretty insane. The estimates put the attendance at over 200,000 people, and I am very happy that I was one of them. There were a lot of funny signs (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-100-best-signs-at-the-rally-to-restore-sanity) , great music, the usual Stewart and Colbert hilarity, and yes, some huggers! Hello to all my new friends who cashed in on my t-shirt for today! We were worried that when the girl with the “Free Hugs” sign and I hugged that there might be some sort of universal chain reaction explosion, but we all survived it. What made the shirt well worthwhile was the young girl from the last picture saying “I love hugs” as she walked away right after the picture.

Thanks for a great day Jon, and thanks for being a hero who inspires me every Monday through Thursday night…

Also, you should check out this:

No comments:

Post a Comment