THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Sunday, September 19, 2010

T-shirt #262: Acting my shoe size since 1986.


I am proud to say this is my first and not my last pink shirt. Although when I ordered it from 6 Dollar Shirts (http://6dollarshirts.com, http://6dollarshirts.com/t-shirts/Acting-My-Shoe-Size-p-11122.html), I chose the “Azalea” color option because it looked more like a light red to me (see picture, am I wrong?). Either way, I can relate to what it says…

My name is Dave, I’m in my mid 30s, and I still love toys. I have a Barrel of Monkeys, Etch-a-Sketch, Simon Says, Slinky, and Silly Putty. I still enjoy playing video games and wiffle ball. I feel like it’s 1980 whenever I watch Empire Strikes Back or see the replay of the US hockey team winning gold. I often play little pranks on my family and friends like jumping out at them from around a corner. I usually embarrass my friends when I jump up and and down a couple of times and say “I’m in!” after excitedly going through the turnstiles at Fenway, The Fleet Center, BC, or a concert like it’s my first time there. I love getting excited for holidays, and I do still believe in Santa.

Having a “shoe size mindset” has its ups and downs. I feel passionate about a lot of what life has to offer. I am usually a huge hit with babies, kids, and dogs. I try not to judge people and believe they are good until they prove me wrong. I enjoy the simple things and laugh at the silly things. I still believe in my dreams. But, I also can easily get hurt. I tend to trust people, and sometimes they let me down. I try to believe people aren’t just out for themselves, but their actions prove me wrong. Luckily, times like these the adult in me comes out and says “Well, f- ‘em.”, and I move on.

I know a lot of this comes from facing Crohn’s and cancer in my teens, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I will always choose taking a chance over playing it safe, I will always laugh like a kid, and no matter what life throws at me I will try to have fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment