THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Saturday, September 18, 2010

T-shirt #261: RED SOX

Well, it is past the middle of September and it doesn’t look like the Sox are going to make the playoffs this season. We have seen this movie before, and I have to say I prefer this scenario to the one where they stumble into the playoffs and get swept in the first round. It was an injury-riddled year, and I was impressed that they even hung in there as long as they did. The best thing about saying “there is always next year” now is that I have 2004 and 2007 to remind me that it is possible…

Speaking of possible, I did get to some games at Fenway this year and I need to vent about the prices. I don’t mind paying $20 for bleacher seats or standing room. Although tickets are way more expensive than other ballparks, I understand there are a limited number of seats at Fenway (and I don’t want a bigger venue). But seriously, it shouldn’t cost $5 for a Fenway Frank and $4 for a non-alcoholic beverage. I understand the owners need money to keep the team going and to be able to sign the best players, but how much do the really depend on concessions? A pack of Fenway Franks costs about $3 at the grocery store. Would they not make enough money if they charged $2 per Frank? I can buy a 2-liter of soda for less than $2 at Stop and Shop. Would the Sox not be able to pay certain players if they charged $2 for a 20 oz. soda instead of $4? I think if it’s a really hot and humid day, Fenway should give out bottles of water for free to everyone there. Seriously Sox, what’s more important: making money or making sure spectators aren’t passing out?

Ok, enough venting. Thanks to my sister and nephews for getting me this shirt! I am wearing it today because I thought it would be a good “Bahstan” shirt to wear when I see “The Town” today. I’ve heard mixed reviews, but I like to make my own opinions. After the movie, it’s off to Carl’s to play the new NHL ’11 video game. My secretary will be holding all calls…

No comments:

Post a Comment