THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

T-shirt #181: American Red Cross

This shirt is another one of many donated to me from JB, and I thought it was appropriate to wear because yesterday I went with her to donate blood (Thanks again, JB! See first one here: http://davestshirts.blogspot.com/2010/06/t-shirt-172-apple.html).

If you have never donated blood, it’s a very easy way to help people in need. All of the Red Cross workers are very nice, and you get to have snacks after…Just be prepared to answer several times if you have ever had sex with a prostitute!

For more information on the Red Cross, go here: www.redcross.org (I think you can also call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE, like the shirt says!) If you would like information on donating blood, go here: www.redcrossblood.org.

The other thing that I noticed when I went into the donation center (and something I plan to do next time) is you can also donate platelets, which usually help cancer patients (more info here: www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/types-donations/platelet-donation).

Also, if you know anyone that has a need for blood or platelets, you can donate to them specifically (I’m not sure if The Red Cross does this, at least UMass in Worcester did this when I was in the middle of treatment). Anyway, it feels good to help people…trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment