THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

T-shirt #152: MR. HAPPY

Like Mr. Messy was to March (http://davestshirts.blogspot.com/2010/03/t-shirt-60-mr-messy.html), Mr. Happy (a Target special) is the character for June on my Mr./Little Miss calendar. Luckily, right now in my life, I feel like I have an abundance of happiness. I have loving family and friends that make me happy, a job that makes me happy, and (even with the recent Bruins debacle) sports teams that have made me very happy in the last ten years.

I have a lot of “stuff” that makes me happy, but not nearly as much as my family and friends do. Like I have stated before, I have decided to give just about all of this “stuff” away. One of the things I gave away was a framed painting of the cantina scene from Star Wars. I gave it to my friend Scott because the place he works at (The Beacon Hill Pub, see: http://davestshirts.blogspot.com/2010/04/t-shirt-92-beacon-hill-pub.html) had a review written about it that compared it to the cantina stating it was “a scene straight out of Star Wars”. Last Friday my friend Carl and I went to hang out at the BHP before going to Fenway, and I was very happy to see it hanging behind the middle of the bar. Scott told me eventually it will have lights on it and the review will be hung up next to it too. What do you think made me happier, occasionally looking at the picture in my kitchen, or seeing it hanging up in the bar? I think that life is pretty simple and the more you are able to let go, the happier you’ll be…

No comments:

Post a Comment