THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Saturday, October 23, 2010

T-shirt #296: Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye (Black Crowes)

Today’s blog is all about sharing. Tonight, I am going to The Black Crowes (http://www.blackcrowes.com/2010) show at the House of Blues in Boston. I am going to see one of my favorite bands with one of my favorite buds. Although I haven’t seen them nearly as many times as my younger brother Tom (whose first show was in 1992, when he was 15), I have seen them enough to they are one of the best rock bands and best live performers of my generation. Even though I could never replicate what going to a Crowes show is like, I’d like to share one of my favorite songs by them (and one that will eventually be on the soundtrack to a movie I wrote!). The first YouTube link is the complete song and the second YouTube window is the video version (please play close attention to around 3:53 of this one!). Enjoy, and have a wonderful day!

Oh yeah, I made this shirt especially for the show – just one of those ideas that popped into my head (yeah, make a rebus for a Crowes song…)

With my winter time

My idols and stage fright

In another night

Where the lights are loud and bright

One dream from waking up saved

Too shy to hold in the rage

I know no luxury

Of knowing what your eyes read

I know one million ways

To always pick the wrong thing to say

A love that you never gave

Always one time zone away

It's not out of spite

I just know what's right

Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

Sometimes a memory

Only sees what it wants to believe

And what's filled in between

Are days and nights that don't mean a thing

It’s such a simple suicide

They call it a second chance never tried

And I hope you’d understand

I need a helping hand

Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

So you think that you've seen it all

Is that a fact?

So out your mouth a dictionary

Spouts about this and that

You got your do's, your don'ts

Because and why

I don't trust no one who don't

Take their own advice

Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment