THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

T-shirt #292: Be the change you want to see in the world

This shirt was donated from Letter From John: http://www.letterfromjohn.com, http://www.letterfromjohn.com/be-the-change-you-want-to-see-in-the-world-p-11.html. Thanks, John!

Letter From John takes pictures from bathroom graffiti and puts it on t-shirts, but this quote is credited to Gandhi (who very well could have thought of it while he was relieving himself!). What I really like about Gandhi quotes like this one is that they are very simple, but say it a lot. And I can really relate to this one because my t-shirt blog is in part this quote put into action. One thing I can’t stand and I believe is one of the biggest problems in the world is greed. Even though I would never call myself “rich” (as far as money and possessions), I do have more “things” than most people in the world. So, how could I say I can’t stand greed while owning enough t-shirts to clothe a small village? How can I want the world to realize having a lot of “things” doesn’t make you happy without first getting rid of all of my excess? I’m hoping this blog is my personal start to making the world less greedy. We’ll see how it goes…

In the meantime, here are some more of my favorite gems from Gandhi that I found at: http://www.allgreatquotes.com/mahatma_gandhi_quotes.shtml

Hatred can be overcome only by love.

Love never claims, it ever gives; love never suffers, never resents, never revenges itself. Where there is love there is life; hatred leads to destruction.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

All humanity is one undivided and indivisible family, and each one of us is responsible for the misdeeds of all the others. I cannot detach myself from the wickedest soul.

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

I also found a great article titled Top Ten Things to Think About If You Want to Change the World 
by Michael Angier. You can read it here: http://www.positivepath.net/ideasMA11.asp

Hope everyone is having a positive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment