THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

T-shirt #229: Baseball Hall of Fame

This shirt was donated from my awesome father...thanks, Dad! I wore it today because I took my “Little” to another museum. We went to the Higgins Armory Museum (www.higgins.org) in Worcester, and had a great time (and actually learned some things too!).

My dad got this shirt back in the early 80s when we took a family trip to Cooperstown to see the Hall of Fame (http://baseballhall.org). I remember being in awe of all the memorabilia, especially Babe Ruth’s locker, Ted Williams’ hitting zone display, and the ball that was used for an entire game (I wonder what the average is for number of balls used for a game these days?). Another highlight of the trip was a breakfast stop where each of the 7 McGrath orders were made one after the other and brought over to each person because the dude who ran it only had one frying pan. I think someone also got locked inside the bathroom of our motel room (which, when we pulled up to it, my younger brother Tom asked “Is this an ice cream place?”), but my memory is a little fuzzy on that one…can any McGraths help me out?

Also pictured with me is part of the Hall of Fame shirt that I got on that trip (it is now part of a t-shirt blanket my mom made for me on my 21st birthday). I think I may have shared this story before, but it’s one I am very proud of…it was the summer of 1987 and I was wearing my Hall of Fame shirt. That night, my awesome older brother was taking me to my first concert. It was Whitesnake opening for Motley Crue at The Centrum, and I was very excited to go. So excited in fact, that I forgot to consult anyone on what was appropriate rock concert attire. When my brother told me it was time to go, I said, “Alright, let’s go!” Luckily for me, my awesome older sister was there to tell me I couldn’t go in my Hall of Fame shirt. I trusted her, and went up to get my Ratt shirt to wear instead. The Crue rocked, and I fit right in.

Thanks to everyone in my family for always supporting me, looking out for me, and giving me memories I like to hold onto. You are all the best!

2 comments:

  1. Dave, that was Meg who locked herself in the bathroom! The owner of the motel had to come and unlock the door. I think she was probably only around 3 or 4! While you were at the Hall of Fame, Meg and I spent the day in our room after a trip to the ER - she had an ear infection. Ah, memories!

    ReplyDelete