THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010

T-shirt #137: Patrick Star, totally baked





















This shirt was a gift from a friend, who sadly for her reasons, doesn’t want to be friends with me anymore. I could dwell on this (and I probably would have years ago) but when you have loving family and friends like I do, it makes it easier to just let things go. One of the things that my family and friends never let go of is the funny memories we share. The blanket draped over my arm is one my mother made me for my 21st birthday (talk about a great present!). It is made up of 20 of my old shirts (yes, another Stryper shirt!). The corner on my shoulder (which by the way, ended up being the most difficult t-shirt blog picture to take) shows a piece from a Baseball Hall of Fame t-shirt…

It was the summer of 1987, and my older brother Jon was taking me to my first concert. It was Motley Crue (http://davestshirts.blogspot.com/2010/02/t-shirt-53-motley-crue-theatre-of-pain.html) playing at The Centrum in Worcester, and Whitesnake was opening. Pretty f’n great. Because it was my first show, I was not aware of what was appropriate concert attire. The shirt I happened to be wearing that day was the Baseball Hall of Fame shirt. Luckily for me (then and now), I have an older sister Carolyn who always has my back. I believe her response was, “Dave, you’re wearing THAT to the show?” (Ca, feel free to correct me). 2 minutes later I had my Ratt shirt on, and we left and my lifelong relationship with live music began…

The other corner pictured contains a Late Night with David Letterman shirt, Skid Row shirt, and a piece of a blue button-down shirt. This shirt is a piece of the shirt I was wearing when I got hit by a Ford Bronco while crossing the street my junior year of college (see story: http://davestshirts.blogspot.com/2010/02/t-shirt-56-national-sarcasm-society.html ).

I’m not sure whose idea it was to include the “Ford Bronco shirt”, but I know my mother purposefully included the Hall of Fame shirt…that’s just how my family is. We never let each other forget the funny stuff and we are constantly making more. Most importantly, we are always there for each other.

So, I thought this shirt would be appropriate and would play well to the audience at the Pearl Jam show tonight. I was digging around for my Ratt shirt, but it seems to have crawled into the corner of my closet. Looking forward to Pearl Jam…

If you want more info on Patrick Star:

http://spongebob.nick.com/backstage/characters/patrick/

No comments:

Post a Comment