THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

T-shirt #27: 5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions.

I have had this shirt for a while and it’s one of my favorites. I would wear it a lot when I was teaching special ed math. Some students would get it and others wouldn’t, but they all thought it was funny that a teacher would wear it. They also like when I would tell them that they could call “fractions” the f- word. Math always came pretty easily to me, and I’m betting having a father who was an accountant helped. Although, like my four siblings, I chose to study something that was just about as far away from accounting as possible (I studied Psychology and Sociology while my brothers and sisters studied English, Graphic Arts, Philosophy, and Communications (Theater). I did get my first “D” ever in eighth grade algebra, but that was following being sick for two weeks and not being able to catch up by the time the term ended. The next term I did bounce back with an A+, thanks to some after school help from Mr. Passler. I remember thinking “Why do I have to know this stuff?” as I sat there and he explained equations with two variables to me. Little did I know, I would end up teaching math less than ten years later. Believe it or not, there are more math-related shirts to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment