THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010

T-shirt #361: Employee of the Month

This shirt is one of many that my wonderful sister Carolyn got for me…thanks, Ca!

Although I have never been honored as Employee of the Month at any of my jobs, I did get the “Staff Star” a couple of times when I was the lead teacher of a residential program.

At Hope Lodge there are only two fulltime employees, so I like to think that my boss and I swap this title every other month.

Even though I have never officially been an employee of the month, here are some tips that might get you that title someday:

  1. Get to work on time every day – if this is a problem it means you don’t know how to use an alarm clock. If you keep hitting snooze, put the alarm clock on the other side of your bedroom.
  2. Don’t leave work at the earliest time you are allowed to (I admit, I did do this a lot when I was a teacher).
  3. Bring in cookies or other treats for your supervisor and co-workers – rule of thumb: the “chocolatier”, the better
  4. Be nicer than usual to anyone you think wants to be your enemy – if you throw negativity back in their face, it almost always comes back to haunt you
  5. Don’t come up with lame excuses as to why you can’t cover for someone – supervisors should remember this stuff
  6. If you are really sick, STAY HOME – getting other people sick will not help the workplace
  7. Don’t complain about work when you are at work: Be happy you have a job in the first place and if you need to vent about it, do it elsewhere (NOT on Facebook!)
  8. Be honest – Only take on more responsibilities if you think there’s room on your workplate for them
  9. If you’re in a meeting, it’s much better to bring up good ideas than to keep looking at your watch
  10. Unless you are a rock star, professional athlete, or other celebrity – do NOT let your sex tape get into the wrong hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment