THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED!

All of my 365 t-shirts from 2010

Sunday, December 26, 2010

T-shirt #359: IRISH STUD

I will make no statements as to whether or not what this t-shirt claims is true. That’s for everyone else to judge…

But, here is a list of the Top Ten Things That Make Being Irish The Best:

  1. Drinking – whether you want to drink a lot or drink none at all, Irish heritage is a great excuse
  2. Music and step dancing – Along with the drinking goes traditional music, sessions, and dancing. Irish people know how to party!
  3. Irish writers – The list is long but includes James Joyce, Bernard Shaw, Samuel Beckett, William Yeats, Oscar Wilde, and Jonathan Swift.
  4. St. Patrick’s Day – Yup, we have our own holiday.
  5. John F. Kennedy – We proudly claim one of the best presidents of the US.
  6. Irish sayings and blessings – Here are a few of my favorites: “May you be in heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you’re dead.”, “May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent.”, “As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.”
  7. Sunblock – Being able to brag about how high your SPF is: I want to come out with my own line of sunblock that just says “Irish” on it.
  8. Potatoes and stew – Even though Ireland isn’t known for it’s wonderful cuisine, I will never get tired of eating potatoes and beef stew
  9. Humor – Have you met an Irish person with no sense of humor? I don’t think I have.
  10. Family – Even though everyone may not agree on everything and there may be that “crazy relative” you always worry about Irish families tend to love each other no matter what.
  11. (Our list goes to 11) Irish names are better – Liam, Conor, Brendan, Patrick, Colin, Colleen, Shannon, Maura, Cailin, Kiara, etc., etc.

PS- This shirt was donated (thanks, Mrs. T!) so I’m not sure where it’s from, but I found it here: http://www.shopirish.com/Irish-Stud-T-Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment